Monday, April 2, 2007

Hail to the Chief: D.C. Chronicles Part 6

I just got back from D.C./N.Y. I am so happy to be back! I can't wait to hang out with my friends. Sorry for not keeping up with the blogging. A combination of exhaustion and lack of internet. But we had a great trip and I'm going to update my blog in the next few days. (FYI: I have no idea what happened to Part 3, but I think I just misnumbered. Again, exhaustion.)

On Tuesday, we visited the White House. It was so cool knowing how much history had been made there and how even as we were there, decisions were being made a couple hundred feet away that impacted the whole world. It was especially fun chatting up the Secret Service guards around the rooms. Since they were guards not agents, no dark sunglasses and suits, but it was still amusing to ask them questions. Q: Is that a door in the hallways? A: I'm not allowed to say. Q: How many people work in the Secret Service? A: I'm not allowed to say. Q: How long did it take to do your background check? A: Two and half years, back to eighth grade.

Btw, on the way out of the White House, we noticed that the street was closed down. Pretty soon a cavalcade of black SUVs with men and guns hanging out the window started to drive by. Then we saw a limo and believe it or not, George W. Bush leaned forward from the back seat and waved to our group! Unbelievable!! The kids jumped up and down and screamed like it was a rock star. I am still smiling!!

1 comment:

Brent said...

I'm not allowed to comment on that.