Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Mount Vernon-D.C. Chronicles Part 4



On Monday morning, we were able to visit George Washington's home, Mount Vernon. Although I had seen it before, I still was not prepared. Firstly, the house is beautiful in its own right and incredibly well-maintained. It is also situated on the banks of the Potomac. I could picture our first president relaxing on his back porch and taking in that amazing view. The day before, I had the impression of Thomas Jefferson as a man of many interests, Monticello only being one of many projects. George Washington, on the other hand, clearly loved his house and land, and that showed everywhere throughout Mount Vernon. I would chose Mount Vernon over Monticello, and George Washington over Thomas Jefferson any day.

1 comment:

Brent said...

What happened to part 3?