Monday, March 12, 2007

Chillin' at the GV!

On Saturday, we drove up to Santa Monica to go to the Getty Villa. It was my second time visiting. Even if we had seen nothing in the museum, it still would be have been an awesome day because we got to make these wreaths with myrtle and flowers. Check out the awesome headgear:


The Getty Villa is like taking a trip to Europe , and all you have to do is drive up the 405. I have seen more valuable and historically significant art in Europe, but going to the Villa is so great because it's like experiencing Roman life for yourself. Standing in the middle of a beautiful peristyle with musicians playing Egyptian instruments, I could totally imagine I was really living in the Roman Empire.
Greek vases rock! Check out my man Theseus killing the Minotaur (the half-man, half-bull) in the middle of the Labyrinth.


Saturday was so wonderful, combining two of my favorite things, museums and great friends.

No comments: